More Info

For information on admissions, please submit your name and email address and degree interest.


How to Contribute

Give to the School

Financial Aid

Financial assistance is available for qualified graduate students in the Graduate Program in Urban Planning. The Federal Government provides financial aid for qualified graduate students in the form of grants and subsidized loans. The students at the University of Kansas use the "Free Application for Federal Student Aid" (FAFSA) to apply for federal funds. This form is available from the financial aid office in Room 50 Strong Hall, at any high school, junior college or four-year institution in the United States, or you can call 1-800-4-FED-AID to request a FAFSA. You can also file your FAFSA on the Internet at the following address: There are additional forms for special circumstances in change of income, which is particularly helpful to graduates and students returning from the workforce. The University's priority deadline is March 1.

Students must be realistic in their hopes for attaining research assistantships, teaching assistantships, and fellowships. University fellowships are highly competitive and few in number. Research assistantships are usually awarded to students who have completed their first year of study.  They have developed the actual experience to help faculty members in conducting their research.  Students have successfully acquired graduate teaching assistantships in other departments after their first year of study.

The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, retaliation, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University’s programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies and is the University’s Title IX Coordinator: the Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access,, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.